NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. The WIN A FREE PAIR Promotion (the "Promotion") is open only to entrants who are at least the minimum age required by law in the country in which they are located at time of entry. Entrants under the age of majority in their jurisdiction must obtain a parent's or legal guardian's consent before participating, and by participating represent that they have done so. Entrants must enter the Promotion at the running/race event where SKORA INC. is exhibiting. Entries are limited to individual consumers only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of SKORA INC., and its subsidiaries, affiliates, resellers, or advertising or promotional agencies and members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Promotion is SKORA INC., 2505 SE 11th Ave., Suite 313, Portland, OR 97202 ("Sponsor"). All questions regarding this Promotion should be directed by email to email@example.com.
- Timing. The Promotion shall begin on or about April 25, 2012 and ends on May 7, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). Only entries submitted in this time period will be accepted.
- How to Enter. Complete a Promotion ballot by visiting the SKORA INC. booth at either the Eugene Marathon (April 26-28, 2012) or Spokane Bloomsday (May 4-5, 2012) running/race events.
- Limit. Limit of one entry per individual per day is granted. Only entries received during the Promotion Period will be accepted. The potential winner may be required to show proof that they were at either events
- Promotion. Sponsor is the sole judging organization whose decisions as to the operation of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The prize will be awarded for the entry within 7 days of the completion of each said event. Each entrant's chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Verification of Potential Winners. To win a prize, the potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified by email or telephone call within approximately seven (7) days following selection of each winner. If winner is a minor (under 18, or under 19 in Alabama and Nebraska, or under other applicable age of majority), prize will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affirmation within the specified time period, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits the prize.
- In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes. One (1) winner will receive one (1) SKORA Form model/style running shoes, in the color & size of their choice (based on availability). Total US Retail Value of the prize is USD $195.00.
- Limitations of Prizes. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to any prize. No cash or other substitution is permitted, except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is nontransferable, unless otherwise specifically approved by Sponsor in writing. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal, lower or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The color and exact specifications of prizes will be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Except as specifically included in the prize description, the winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Release. By receipt of any Promotion prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Publicity. The winner agrees to allow Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- Conditions of Participation. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with Sponsor's entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE OR INTERNET LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ENTRANT'S OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S BODY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OF OUR PRODUCT.
- Governing Law. These Official Rules and this Promotion are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Oregon, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of Oregon, Multnomah County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of Oregon and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited.
- Winner's List. The winner will be listed online at www.skorarunning.com within approximately ten (10) days following the end of the Promotion Period. Individuals may request the name of the winner by submitting a self-addressed, stamped envelope before May 30, 2012 to: SKORA Contest, 2505 SE 11th Ave., Ste 313, Portland, Oregon, California, 97202, United States.
For most of us, the warm weather heralds peak racing season. Here in the Pacific NW of the US, home of SKORA headquarters, the list of local races seems endless. We are very excited to announce our presence at two great events: The Eugene Marathon and the Lilac Bloomsday 12k. The organizers of both events each host an expo in the days preceding their respective race.
The 2012 Eugene Marathon is held on Sunday April 29th. Last year nearly 7,000 athletes crossed the finish lines of the 5k, half marathon, and full marathon. During the two days before the marathon (April 27th-28th), packet pickup takes place at the Health and Fitness Expo. Here you can get a massage, pick up some freebies from vendors, learn about new products, and enjoy a great discount on SKORA shoes at our booth. We’ll also be giving away a free pair of SKORA shoes to one lucky runner, so be sure to visit the booth!
Bloomsday is a very unique event. Boasting over 50,000 finishers, it is a 12k taking place in Spokane, WA on May 6th. The race is the largest event to be given a “green” certification by the Council for Responsible Sport. Bloomsday also hosts one of the largest fitness, health, and running expos in the country. It is free to the public May 4th and 5th. SKORA will also be attending this trade show, offering a great discount on SKORA footwear. We will also be giving away a free pair of shoes at our booth! If you will not be at the Eugene event, we hope to see you at Bloomsday!
If you will be attending either of these two events, visit us! This is a great chance to meet the team (and for us to meet you!), ask any questions you may have, and try the shoes.
We hope to see you there! Run Real.
Shoe durability and longevity are reoccurring topics on forums and between runners when discussing shoe of choice. 300-500 miles is when most shoes are replaced. At this point in the life of a traditional shoe, EVA compression may become noticeable to the runner, affecting his or her running form. However, a shoe with a well built sole may have its upper fall apart far before the sole wears through.
A good pair of shoes with plenty of miles on them fits like an old baseball glove. Perfectly fitted to how the body moves. A wear tester put 600 miles, or about 500,000 steps, in the shoe pictured above. There are also a few runners we know currently approaching 500 miles in theirs. We are really looking forward to seeing how far these athletes can take the shoes!
There are three important factors that determine shoe life.
Terrain. Road running will wear out the sole of a shoe faster, as the road has zero give and creates more friction against the shoe. The gravel, dirt and grass of a trail will give a bit, wearing less on the sole.
Running form. The runner’s gait also plays a role in determining when a shoe needs to be replaced. In a heel-striking gait, where the shoe makes contact in front of the runner’s center of gravity with a heel-first foot placement, a shoe will typically wear more rapidly since there is simply more movement. In contrast, an all-foot (midfoot/forefoot) running form encourages a flat and strong landing under the runner’s center of mass, resulting in less motion of the shoe on the ground as well as more evenly-distributed impact forces.
Materials. Finally, the material of the shoe’s sole plays a key part. The R01 sole SKORA developed is comprised of a high density, high abrasion rubber outsole and an ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole, both more dense than the industry standard. This increases both the durability of the shoe and ground feel, thanks to “just enough” cushioning material between your feet and the ground. The wear pattern is more spread out as well, compared to a more pinpointed wear pattern from a less dense and thicker material. Also, the outsole on our R01 platform has smaller ‘lugs’ than those on traditional running shoes, which also reduces premature wear.
Through superior materials and workmanship, SKORA’s R01 platform should provide a runner with many hundreds of miles on and off road. A shoe sole should not be a hindrance to an athlete’s endurance, but a partner to help keep your feet safe while encouraging healthy and real running. Run Real.